2 February 2012

Vote For Adventure

In my last post I talked about how I had run an RPG via a series of polls. In late December I started up another one of these games, only this time with a Monday/Wednesday/Friday update schedule. I’ve been feeding all of these posts into a Tumblr website called Vote For Adventure.

This time around the unwashed masses voted for a game that mixed together elements of weird fiction, survival horror, and an apocalypse scenario. I went with a survivor struggling through life after a large portion of the world’s population went mad.

So far this one has been significantly more difficult to write. The big problem, for me, is that there is little direction in a game set in a world that is really beyond hope. It’s about survival and it’s been a struggle for me to find a meaningful plot that makes sense. Ultimately, I think the game will end in the protagonist’s death, but I’m not going to force it. I do have a general direction I’m moving the story in, but it isn’t easy to get there while giving players the freedom to control what the protagonist does. In any subsequent games I will be forcing a setting and game setup that fits into a more standard adventure format.

In any case, if you’d like to be a part of the Vote For Adventure game then be sure to click the link and catch up with the story. Don’t forget to vote!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

About

Web Analytics